Privacy Statement, effective as of 13 May 2020, Version 3.
humanLearning Limited (“hL” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites (“Visitors”), individuals / organisations who register to use the Services as defined below (“Customers”), the data they provide and generate (“Customer Data”) and individuals who register to attend the Company’s marketing events (“Attendees”).
Who we are
humanLearning Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 08391456), whose registered office is at 20-22, Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, England.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by email at [email protected].
The personal information we collect about you
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, When you access and browse the hL Services or the website, we may collect the following Customer Data / Information from you in a variety of ways:
- Your Name and Your Company name;
- Your Role or Designation at work;
- Your Business Contact information such as office address, email address [required] and phone number [optional]
- Any additional information that is automatically collected when you access our service such as device and browser type, unique device identifier, location, address, phone and email details;
- Your service usage metadata (your interactions with the hL service and generated meta-data providing additional context)
- Your service log data (Logs on your service use, IP addresses, browser type, device type, settings, date/time etc.)
- Your feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us.
How we may store and use your information
humanLearning Ltd. uses Customer Data in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by the applicable law. humanLearning Ltd. is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the Controller.
- Through offering the hL services and or otherwise, humanLearning Ltd. (or other third-party on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- To make hL Services or hL Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- To provide you or the Customer with services that you request.
- To respond to your Service-related requests, questions and feedback.
- To create your user profile on the hL Service.
- To research and develop better search, analytics, learning and service algorithms and features to improve the hL services.
- Informing you of updates and changes to humanLearning Ltd.
- To contact you for feedback or customer survey purposes. We may do so by email, phone or mail.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters; and,
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
Apart from the purposes of offering hL services as described above, we will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any other third-party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about Visitors or about Customers for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
humanLearning Ltd. will retain Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and the Customer’s use of services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, humanLearning Ltd. does not allow use of our services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 years has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
The Company primarily stores Data about hL Customers in the European Union, or in some instances near the customer operations if requested by the customer. To facilitate hL’s global operations and provision of Services the Company may transfer and access such information from around the world, through contracted & authorised employees or consultants, including from other countries in which the Company has operations such as in India.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email [email protected].
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer in the controller of Customer Data, the service provider, here humanLearning Ltd. is the processor of Customer Data.
humanLearning Ltd. takes security of data very seriously. We work hard to protect the information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, humanLearning Ltd. cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
hL offers website Visitors, Customers, and marketing event Attendees who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by sending a request to [email protected] to stop receiving such emails.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data.
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge;
- The right to request us to erase the data, under certain conditions;
- The right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to request us to transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or to you directly, under certain conditions; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to your Data Controller (who has instructed us to process the data on their behalf, usually your employing organisation), or in situations where we are acting as the Data Controller, please contact us by e-mail at the address specified above.
Third party sites