vacIos Engineer Global
To join our small team in its growth phase with venture funding and a global customer base. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, family-friendly flexible working time, and home working. We have developed a relaxed, collaborative, supportive, and high performance culture that values employee health and well-being.
We are a SaaS provider of rich video and speech data capture and analytics within the workflows of large field workforces (field engineers, field service, auditing, reporting, health-and-safety, sales, etc). Our customers are typically large multinationals: utilities, telecoms, manufacturing, facilities management etc.
Mobile and Web apps are used to capture/manipulate/view structured multimedia data. This data is stored, analysed using machine learning, computer vision and other technology and labelled on the AWS cloud. Various integrations push the analysis results into other systems such as field service management systems, CRM, etc. We are continually enhancing the data collection capabilities of our app.
We use github, travis-ci, code-pipeline and cloudformation and a devops approach to achieve a high release cadence through our CD pipeline. We use Django rest framework and Postgresql to provide our primary REST API interface.
Our web-app is built using react. AWS SQS queues are then used to distribute work to a variety of processing systems / microservices which use a combination of commodity analytics APIs (e.g. aws transcribe, google speech, aws rekognition) and bespoke AI algorithms and models (e.g. tensorflow) to provide advanced speech, image and video analytics.
As you would expect our system also provides various collaboration, administration, management and security related features around the central video capture and analytics. We offer both shared and dedicated deployments of the software; by defining all of our infrastructure as code we are able to easily deploy dedicated copies of our entire system into dedicated VPCs for our large customers. Many of our customers have stringent security requirements around their video data.
This position is under our main entity based out of London UK, but is suitable for remote working from most locations. We have a globally distributed team. The co-founders of the company are situated in the UK and India. Our development team is split roughly evenly between London and in Delhi/Gurgaon.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years of iOS app development
- An understanding of the SOLID object oriented design principles, dependency injection, mocking, domain modelling techniques
- Experience of automated unit testing of iOS apps
- Experience of automated UI testing of iOS apps
- Excellent iOS (Swift/Objective-C) programming skills
- Experience of writing app code to interaction with JSON based REST
- APIs, natively or using third party libraries
- Experience and expertise with core data
- A solid grasp on algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, MVP and MVC, concurrent programming.
- An understanding of Test Driven Development
- Product development exposure
- Experience with CRM, Single Sign On, device management
- Video on mobile, AVkit experince
- ARKit experience
- AI, Computer Vision, Augmented Reality experience
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, tax efficient employee stock ownership plan scheme (ESOP) and private health coverage and related health benefits are available depending on location. We provide family-friendly flexible working time, for example to support school pickup/drop-offs, and home working. We have developed a relaxed, collaborative, supportive, and high performance culture. We value employee health and well-being, and offer the opportunity to apply and develop your skills productively on a novel product with cutting edge technology.
Our engineering organisation is distributed across multiple locations and time-zones, so we use a variety of tools and processes to enable effective distributed working. Our organisation has employees with a wide variety of nationalities, experience levels and backgrounds. We encourage applications from women and other under-represented groups.
Direct applications only please, and no agency redirects and referrals.