Data Scientist - London
An opportunity to join our small team in London in its growth phase with venture funding and a global customer base. We are a SaaS start-up engaged in rich video and speech data capture and AI analytics embedded within the workflows for large field forces (field engineers, field services, job auditing, job reporting, health-and-safety, sales and much more).
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Excellent Python and Software Engineering, 4+ years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of data structures, data modelling and software architecture.
- Good understanding of Linear algebra, Probability and Bayesian statistics.
- Have worked with Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow and Scikit-learn etc. - Ideally production level experience.
- Ability to explain and write complex concepts in simple language.
- Keen interest in prototyping, experiments and hypothesis-driven thinking.
Good to have:
- Some exposure to image and object detection algorithms, OpenCV etc.
- Some experience with web API services and standards (REST etc.)
- Some exposure with AW, Google or MS Azure ML infrastructure.
- Analyse raw data for assessing quality, cleaning and structuring for downstream processing.
- Generate actionable insights for business improvements.
- Supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms for real business problems.
- NLU/NLP and computer vision-based predictions and inference for B2B use cases.
- Model building, validation, verification.
- Hyperparameter tuning and deployment, where necessary.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production.
Mobile and Web apps are used to capture/manipulate/view structured multimedia data. This data is stored, analysed and labelled on the AWS cloud. Various integrations push the analysis results into other systems such as field service management systems, CRM, etc. We use GitHub, travis-ci, code-pipeline and cloudformation and a devops approach to achieve a high release cadence through our CD pipeline. We use Django rest framework and Postgresql to provide our primary REST API interface. Our web-app is built using react. AWS SQS queues are then used to distribute work to a variety of processing systems / microservices which use a combination of commodity analytics APIs (e.g. aws transcribe, google speech, aws rekognition) and bespoke algorithms and models (e.g. tensorflow) to provide speech, image and video analytics.
As you would expect our system also provides various collaboration, administration, management and security related features around the central video capture and analytics.
We offer both shared and dedicated deployments of the software; by defining all of our infrastructure as code we are able to easily deploy dedicated copies of our entire system into dedicated VPCs for our large customers. Many of our customers have stringent security requirements around their video data.
What is on offer:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Family-friendly flexible working time, home working and remote working in combination with office working in London (Paddington area)
Our engineering organisation is distributed across multiple locations and time zones, so we use a variety of tools and processes to enable effective distributed working. Our organisation has employees with a wide variety of nationalities, experience levels and backgrounds.
Direct applications only please, and no agency redirects and referrals.